Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mysterious...

Since our trip to Eureka Springs, AR was postponed until tomorrow, I got to sew today and finish up a wallhanging I started a few weeks ago. This is the batik wallhanging kit I bought last year at a quilt show. I just had to make it as I LOVE batiks!!! This picture really does not do this wallhanging justice at all but here it is.

The reason for the name, Mysterious, was me and David were having this discussion when I showed him the last tablerunner about all he ever says when I make something and show it to him is "Looks good". That is all I get, so I told him one day I was going to make something that made him go "WOW!" As I was working on this wallhanging and doing each block, he would come in my sewing room and look at the progress on the design wall. Every once in a while he would comment about something and at one time he said "There is a lot of black in it. Makes it look mysterious." Well that stuck for the name. :)

Did I get my WOW out of him, NO! I got "Looks good". LOL But I know he liked it because he kept looking at it.

Ang

4 comments:

Gari in AL said...

WOW! Beautiful and well done.

Diana said...

OMG!!! I love it, it would look great above my bed (ha-ha). Take care and have a great weekend girl!!

Karen said...

That is beautiful!

Dionne said...

Wow! is right. That really is a beautiful wall hanging. I also love batiks!
Cheers,
Dionne