Thursday, April 24, 2008

WOW!!!!

That is about all I can say is WOW!!


Have you ever forgotten a password or login to something like your own blog?? Well I just did and believe me I don't think I will do that again. Granted it has been months since I have been here to write anything so I guess I can use that as an excuse for not remember but man they make it hard to get back in when you do forget. But three emails later I am here again!!


It does look like winter is over with finally but now we are floating instead of skating on ice. There is enough mud and water around here to last us a long time! I just wish it would have all be spaced out over the summer months so that we don't have to worry about grass fires or not enough rain to cut hay for winter. I am glad though to see all the hostas, monkey grass, trees and bushes showing their green. Now it is time for me to get out and plant the flowers in the flower beds. I tell myself each fall I am going to plant tulips but I don't for fear of moving. Every place we have ever lived when I planted tulips we have moved before they bloomed the next year.


With that being said we are looking toward the future of moving back to Texas, home, so maybe I should plant tulips! There are a few things we need to do before that move is really done and those things will take a little bit of time.


In the meantime, I have taken up knitting and here is a picture of the first socks I made!!!
Not too bad, I don't guess for my first pair. Only thing I will say is that this pair of socks had better last for a really long time as the yarn alone was $21!!! LOL They were fun and I will probably make more.
I did actually do some sewing over the last several weeks. I have some quilt blocks laying here that I need to get mailed for a block swap on Country Quilting Square yahoo group's Anniversary Swap. We did this a few years back and I needed more blocks to put with those 24 from that year so I can put together a very large sampler quilt in blue and yellows. That is my goal for this summer.
Now that I have my login and password again for my blog I will try to post more of the going on here in my life.

No comments: