Tuesday, February 24, 2009

New Project

Well this new project won't be quilt related at all and why I said I would do it I will never know.

My parents will be having their 50th wedding anniversary this October. I wanted to do a video or something of pictures of their life for this big event coming up. When I asked mom if we could go thru all of her pictures she said sure and that she wanted to put them in a scrapbook sometime but just doesn't have time. I think that was her way of saying "can you do this for me as you are more creative?" Being the good daughter that I am I said "Mom, why don't you let me have them all and I will do this for you." What was I thinking!!!??? Mom had FIVE boxes full of pictures!!! There is no way I will have all of this done by October but you can bet I am going to try my hardest to have it all done.

My dad is a big hot rod guy and has gone to a ton of car shows so he has a ton of car pictures. Those are going just in a photo album for him.

They have a ton of pictures of their vacations to Colorado since they retired and I think those will go in a photo album by themselves.

Then there are the pictures of me and my brothers!! There are a ton!! Not to mention the pictures of the six grandkids!!! Then you have the pictures of when mom and dad were kids and their parents, my grandparents. All of this is what I am going to use for the scrapbooks. I will be scanning them also for a video for their anniversary party. HUH????? PARTY???? Oh no! That means I have to do all of this plus plan a party when I live 8 hours from them???? My brothers better step up to the plate and help on that end!!!! But we all know how men are so we all know who this will fall back on.... ME???

Again what was I thinking??? And now when am I going to get to quilt???? Why didn't I just think about doing a quilt for them instead??? Maybe because they already have some from me, I don't know but I think the older I get the more I think I am wonder woman!!! LOL

Here is a picture of me and my older brother (10 months apart in age) that I wanted to share. Too cute!!

I will still find time to quilt in between making pages for a scrapbook, I just have to find a space on my cutting table to do so. Wish me luck!

Ang

1 comment:

Jean said...

This picture is too cute!!! what a job you have given yourself going through those pictures, but it will sure be a nice gift for your parents. Mine celebrated 59 a few weeks ago!